Vertical blinds mounting bracket/clip broke

Old 08-26-05, 09:46 PM
theowens18
Visiting Guest
Vertical blinds mounting bracket/clip broke

I NEED SERIOUS HELP! Approximately 1.5 months ago, I purchased vertical blinds. When installing these blinds, one of the mounting clips that hold up the headrail broke in half. I simply used the remaining 2 on each end. However, when I was pushing the vertical blinds back to vacuum yesterday, one of the end clips broke! I purchased a set of vertical blinds replacement brackets made by Levolor at Lowes yesterday evening, but MUCH to my surprise, the clips I just bought are 1/8 too big! (My headrail is 1 1/4.) Since then, I have had one heck of a time trying to find these much needed clips so that I can get these verticals off of my floor and back up over the patio doors!

The brand of the vertical blinds that I have is BASIC BLINDZ (purchased from Lowes). I cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Lowes regarding the manufacturer of these blinds (I was told Royal Window Coverings, then later, I was told Levolor). ALL I need is just some clips that will attach to the outside mounting brackets so I can use these verticals once again!

Can someone PLEASE help me in my never ending search? I would be forever grateful! Thanks SO much!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-05, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
maybe someone will have some info for you, but i can't imagine anyone being able to help you more than the people at the place where you purchased them! insist they find the part for you. they were able to sell you the product - they can get you the part you need.

ask to speak to the manager.

OR..........do you still have the box they came in? or is it something in stock at Lowe's, that you can see the box in the store? get the manufacturer's info off the label & contact them directly.