Roller Shade Won't Stay Rolled

Old 11-01-05, 03:26 PM
heidi
Visiting Guest
Roller Shade Won't Stay Rolled

I have a brand-spankin' new roller shade that I put up. The spring unwound while putting it up, so I attempted to rewind the tension by rolling it back up, placing it in the brackets and unrolling it. It seems to have tension (although it will not roll back up), but it refuses to stay put. I put it in the brackets and it unrolls itself!

Short of having a poltergeist, what's wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Old 11-01-05, 04:05 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Are you using new brackets or the existing old brackets? If you using the old brackets, the spring end bracket (the open one) is probably spread open making the spring unwind.

Old 11-01-05, 04:12 PM
heidi
Visiting Guest
No, I'm using the new brackets that came with the shade. They aren't spread too far, from what I can tell. The spring will unwind even if I hold the spring end tightly in my hand. It's like it's not catching or something.

Old 11-01-05, 05:34 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Then you simply have a defective roller. If you look at the spring end of the roller, the piece you turn has two notches. There should be two metal pieces under the metal ring that should fall into these notches and that's what makes the shade stop when you pull it up & down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: