Please Help faux wood blinds

Old 01-15-06, 08:36 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help faux wood blinds

can someone please tell me a simple way to shorten faux wood blinds ? i have wrestled with these $obees until i'm about ready to croak!

Old 01-15-06, 10:17 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The best way to shorten your faux wood blind is to leave it hanging in the brackets. At the bottom rail you will see plugs. You will have to pull out the plugs and the cord that inside should be tie in a knot, undue the knot. Once undone slide off the bottom rail in a downard motion. Than you will need to remove the center support string braid that holds the slat in place. Remove what you need to shorten the blind. BEFORE you cut anything, place back the bottom rail, the same way that you removed it. You want to make sure you have the ladder braids and center support braid threaded back through your bottom rail, once you have done that make sure the height is were you want it, tie off the string and test BEFORE you cut off the extra string. If it's to you liking than tie off really well and trim make sure to leave a little that will remain in the hole. Replace the bottom plugs back into there holes and bam your done. Let me know if you any questions before you start this project, once you cut the string your pretty much up a creek w/o a paddle.

Good Luck.

Monique6191

Originally Posted by rbran1
can someone please tell me a simple way to shorten faux wood blinds ? i have wrestled with these $obees until i'm about ready to croak!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: