sliding patio door shade question...

Old 01-16-06, 11:54 AM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sliding patio door shade question...

Is it possible to use roman shades or balloon shades to cover sliding patio doors? I really do not want to use regular verticle blinds, but we are in need of privicy. (this is for my dining room) Thanks!

Old 01-16-06, 01:38 PM
it's possible - but it's not the best-looking or best-functioning way to go. a better choice would be full length draperies that could be opened & closed.

but if it's what you want, just mount them high enough so that when they're raised up, you can slide your door open and have enough head room to walk under them without needing to duck.

Old 01-17-06, 10:44 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I would agree w/ Annette. Here is another thought, Hunter Douglas makes a product called Duette Vertiglide. It is a cellular shade but will slide across the width and stack tight. It's a wonderful product. Let me know if you would like more info on this product. With this no ducking required

Originally Posted by Annette
it's possible - but it's not the best-looking or best-functioning way to go. a better choice would be full length draperies that could be opened & closed.

but if it's what you want, just mount them high enough so that when they're raised up, you can slide your door open and have enough head room to walk under them without needing to duck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: