Help with Plantation Shutters

Old 05-21-08, 12:22 PM
Unhappy Help with Plantation Shutters

I recently ordered three sets of plantation shutters. I measured for length and height but did not account for depth of slats. My new blinds will not work b/c the slats are hitting the window. How do I make this work? Are there frame extender/extensions I can purchase? Has anyone had to rig this themselves?

They are Gulfcoast Fauxwood Plantation Shutters in white. They are supposed to be inside mount.

Any help is appreciated. I hate to lose the money I spent on these.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-08, 10:30 AM
How were these ordered to be mounted.

I know they are INSIDE MOUNT, but did they have a hang strip(straight piece of wood) down the side that the hinges are connected to? Or, were they direct mount, where the actual hinges are to be screwed to the inside jamb of the window directly?

**Jumping ahead here**

My early guess is that the way to save these will be to change the hinges to ones that have an additional bend(creating an 'L') going around the backside of the panels. By mounting new wood strips from the top to the bottom inside the jamb of the window opening first, you can then screw the new foot of the new hinges onto the FRONT of your new hang strip, thereby spacing the panels forward.