Covering a Picture window

Old 02-20-10, 12:37 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Covering a Picture window

Our dining room is in the front of our house and has a view of our street from a very large picture window. It's actually one large window with two very narrow windows adjoining it on either side. The whole thing measures 10' across (5' of which is the center "picture window") and 63" tall. I need window treatments for it, but there are a couple of considerations that make it a challenge: First, there are two heating vents underneath the window(s), so anything floor length is out of the question. The other thing is that because of the close proximity to the street, I need a solution that provides decent privacy, but one that can be opened for when I want full sun in the daytime. My style is fairly traditional, but with very simple, straight, modern lines. I don't want anything swoopy or poofy. Please help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-10, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 98 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Not really challenging. Any blind or shade will work. Wood blinds or Roman shades would probably work best for a traditional style. You could mount one large blind or shade across the whole window, outside mount, or three inside mount. You could also mount a valance on top of it all, if you want.
Only problem is whatever you decide on will have to be custom made or custom ordered (or semi custom) due to the size.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-23-10, 04:45 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I agree woods or romans would offer a more traditional look. But I if you go with a wood blind then I suggest 3 instead of one. The reason is one would be very heavy when drawn up.