Levolor Trim and go Natural Wood Roman blind installation question

Old 01-16-11, 07:36 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Levolor Trim and go Natural Wood Roman blind installation question

Hi All:
I just bought this from Lowes and was ready to install it on my window. I am going for an inside mount. It comes with 3 brackets and each bracket has 4 holes to mount it to the inside of the window. The issue is that there are only 7 screws. It's not that I am missing parts because the packing list has 3 brackets and 7 screws listed. I am trying to figure out how how would I want 3 brackets with 7 screws. It does not make any sense!

Has anyone else encountered the same issue?

Thanks

Matt

Old 01-16-11, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! You don't need to put 4 in each bracket. Just put one in the top left and one in the bottom right or vice-versa. The extra one is in case you lose one.

Old 01-24-11, 06:31 AM
B
BLD
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dare I say 1 screw per bracket will suffice. If you are able to push a bracket flush against the back of your trim, it will prevent the bracket from spinning and will only need 1 screw. With a holding rate of well over 10 pounds, a single screw used properly is the most forgiving to your wood work.

those 4 holes are for choice

Old 01-24-11, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Dare I say 1 screw per bracket will suffice.
Yes you may! That's all I use in my home, if it's all I need. I figured the OP might be more comfortable using 2. However, they have not been back to read an answer anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: