honeycomb blinds broken string "inside"

Old 06-17-12, 03:44 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
honeycomb blinds broken string "inside"

we have 3 day honeycomb blinds. It does not pull up straight and it looks like strings are broken inside. 3 day says even 'tho it is in warranty,we have to mail to Seattle or Sacramento or pay $85 for someone to come out. Has anyone fixed this type of thing themselves???

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-12, 04:07 AM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
Here is a video on restringing a Hunter Douglas honeycomb shade. They are all similar. Hunter Douglas DuetteŽ Re-cord.wmv - YouTube

Old 12-30-12, 07:30 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just did mine

Victoy,

One of my strings broke just before Christmas and the fix was easy. The hard part was finding the correct size pull string. The nylon string I found at JoeAnn Fabrics was just a little bigger than the original but it seems to work.

After removing the blind from the window lay it out on a table and slide the top and bottom frames off.

Push the blind together just as if it were open on the window. Use the smallest crochet hook you can find and slip it through the string holes. Pull the new string through and fasten it to the same place where the original string was tied. Then replace the string on the rest of pulls. I could not find the exact match in string diameter and I wanted the string lock to work equally.

Remember do not pull the old strings out without pulling the new string in to replace it. I got ahead of my self and pulled the string out of the locking mechanism. This turned out to be the hardest part of the project to get my string back through the roller lock. If you find that tying the two strings together makes too big of a knot to pull through the honeycomb try doing it in steps by pulling a fishing line through then the new string.

Like you I would never pay $85 to get my blinds fixed, and it looks like the customer service of 3 day blinds need some adjustment.

Regards

Ron (Shoreline, WA)

"GO SEAHAWKS"