I need help!!!

Old 02-01-13, 12:55 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink I need help!!!

Our family is renting a wonderful home, but I need help! We have a large living room and a very high ceiling. We have four beautiful high windows that let a lot of sunlight in, but depending on the time of year, the sun SHINES right into the living room and blinds us all. I need help with coming up with a do it myself idea for window treatments for these windows that I can have open, but then some how close for when it is too sunny. I will be attatching a photo of the windows.Name:  2013-02-01 15.36.05.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  16.0 KB
Thanks for the advice and help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-13, 12:58 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I would talk to the landlord, as any decent solution probably involves installation which the landlord will consider to be part of the property and thus staying behind when you leave.

Old 02-01-13, 02:49 PM
S
That's a tuff one. It's hard to find treatments for angled windows and if you do they cost an arm and leg. I would approach your landlord, maybe he or she would be willing to foot the bill once they realize they will be running into this problem with the next tenant. Treatments on those windows will make the house will increase it's value. Whether the landlord or you foot the bill your still going to have a difggicult time finding treatments. Look for a local shop-at-home window treatment place. They will sent a rep out and let you know if it can be done.

Old 02-01-13, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
Example of angled window treatment.

Duette honeycomb shades: Hunter Douglas Window Treatments

Essentially you can take care of the square part of the window with traditional blinds. Then you can possibly just get a valance for the angled part. That would be cheaper then getting actual angled units.

Old 02-12-13, 09:00 PM
D
I see windows like these all of the time. I suggest and outside solar screen in either 90% or 95% Textilene solar fabric. If you can find a local screen shop, they should cost between $400-$500. Unless you have a lot of screen building experience, I would not tackle this myself. Make sure that the builder uses casement clips for installation, to protect the window, and make them easy to remove.

Last edited by lawrosa; 02-12-13 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Removed link