wood blinds fading from sunlight

Old 11-17-13, 03:28 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wood blinds fading from sunlight

Hi,
The wood blinds which are installed on the windows of my home have become faded from sunlight. The color of the wood is in between a dark wood and light wood color. I'd like to replace them with a dark wood color, but I'm worried that they're just going to become damaged like the current ones that I have. Does anyone have any low cost suggestions on how to protect the blinds from sunlight damage? I'm not looking to install high cost screens on the windows.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-13, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
A quality film that blocks UV light would help. 3M is one brand but I believe it requires Pro install. The Gila brand can be done by a homeowner...but the results are not always that great. There are others. Being in AZ like me, you'll probably find many companies that would be able to help.

Low cost is relative. The Pro installed film may cost $300-400 for 2 or 3 windows. If your wood blinds cost $1200 then it might be worth it to reduce the heat gain and fading.

Solar screens are not really that expensive to have made. If you can install them yourself, they may be the best solution. Look for a local shop that specializes in screens. We have 2 here in my little town, you should have plenty of choices in PHX.

Old 11-17-13, 03:59 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Solar film on the windows.
Sealing the blinds with a UV blocking poly like Bristol finish.
Bristol Finish | High Performance Wood Coatings