newly installed blinds slide from side to side

Old 12-14-13, 06:44 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
newly installed blinds slide from side to side

I had some mini-blinds installed about a week ago. The blinds sent were the wrong size (too small) so the installer re-measured and ordered the replacement. Since I watched the installer when he was here, I figured I could save him a return trip and just swap out the blinds myself. I followed the instructions which state to "fit the front edge of the headrail into the front hooks, push backwards, and turn the back upwards until it snaps into place." I did this and it seems to work, but when I try to raise or lower the blinds, the entire headrail slides from side to side. I've tried multiple times with the same result. I can have the installer come back out, but if it's a simple fix, I'd like to do it myself. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-13, 10:57 PM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
If you paid for installation in the original purchase then definitely call the installer back. By attempting to do it on your own you have "bought" the installation if anything goes wrong, even if it is a fault of the manufacturer.

Old 12-15-13, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 117 Votes on 92 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Yes, I'd have the installer come back out. Are they inside or outside mount? If they're inside, sounds like they're still too small, as the headrail should fit pretty tightly in the opening.
Whether they're inside or outside mount, there should be some sort of end caps or end pieces that look like squares, that slide in place to keep the rail from sliding.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-15-13 at 08:14 AM.