Trying to decide what to do for 1 kitchen window

Old 02-16-14, 02:49 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trying to decide what to do for 1 kitchen window

Things I do know is I want the sun blocked fairly well but not totally, it faces east and pretty hot sun in the morning shining on a kitchen counter where we do most of our dining.
Had the windows all replaced in the house, the inside dimension of the window is about 38X38", fairly deep sill, 3-4" or so.
Things we know we want is a cordless design, and not the kind like a pull shade, the kind you just push up or pull down, we normally see this on cellular shades and we would have no problem with a cellular if it blocks light well enough.
The real stickler is we would like this to be failry inexpensive. If we could get this done for under $75 and preferable under $50 that would be great. So just shopping for ideas. We know we don't want blinds, a cellular shade or maybe a natural material like bamboo we wouldn't even be adverse to.
Just looking for ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-14, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 117 Votes on 92 Posts
Sorry, but you're not going to find anything cordless, for that size window for cheap. You're looking into over a couple hundred, and that's a minimum.
You'll have to settle for blackout roller shades, that you can get cut down to size at Lowes for that price.

Old 02-28-14, 02:00 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What we've done for now is put the old bamboo (I think) roman shade back up. My wife didn't like the valance, it was sort of drooping in the middle. I bolstered it back up with some 3/32" steel rod and for now she is happy with that.