Spring Roller Shade completly pulled down

Old 06-10-14, 10:42 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Spring Roller Shade completly pulled down

I tried again & again to have the Roller Shade rolled back up through the spring that many people is able to operate but it's just a matter of luck with me (I try pulling a bit down then let go, with mixed results). So my series of failure ended with the shade completely unrolled, it's the lowest it can go without breaking the fabric or detaching the roll.

What can I do to roll it back, so it will function as normal (so people able to manipulate it will think it works fine).

Thank you kindly for your help

Old 06-11-14, 08:48 AM
D
PS: There's a chain without a joining link. So stuck as it it, if I roll it back then mount it on the bracket then try to pull it down, it won't be able to go down past a few inches as the link will have reached the gears. I hope my explanation isn't confusing and please don't be afraid to ask me to rephrase part of it, quoting the confusing part.

Old 06-11-14, 10:57 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
My first question is - did you get it working to your satisfaction? Second, what gears and link are you referring to?

Years ago I worked for a roller shade manufacturer and do not recall any gears in the shade "motor".

Old 06-11-14, 01:05 PM
D
The spring roller shade is still down to it's maximum and can't get it back up without taking the roll out, so that's unsatisfactory ; I'd very much like for it to roll back up assisted by a spring.

In addition to the spring mechanism, there's a chain system which is like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya7Cabh-3Z0 but the one shown very much look like not having a spring device. I've never used the chain, as it's a room I seldom go in, but the ones that do would like to use it.

A link is 1 part of a real chain, for thins kind, it's a bead, the joining link attach together the 2 extremities of the link chain ; when one produce a chain, it's not comply linked, the last one should have it whole, as in a ellipsis.

Old 06-11-14, 05:36 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If your shade is as shown in the video, it would not have a spring. It runs up or down by pulling the chain. You need to reset the stops or preposition the chain before you insert the mechanism in the roller.

Old 06-11-14, 06:28 PM
D
I mentioned the following, I'm highlighting the quote.
In addition to the spring mechanism, there's a chain system which is like
[video inserted]
but the one shown very much look like not having a spring device.
the most important part is "In addition" referring to the fact it has the 2 system ; also, the title mention the shade has a spring, and I explained the problem started when I couldn't work the spring system.

So I hope there's no more confusion over the fact the shade I'm having a problem with has both a spring and a chain. And it's still unsatisfactory as both spring and chain won't manipulate the shade as expected. I explained in the 2nd message why the chain won't function properly.

Old 06-12-14, 04:17 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
I was in the window shade business for 40 years and never heard of a combination of spring and chain shade roller. Doing an internet search, I discovered that Roll-Ease does make a "Spring Assist Chain Operated Roller". I could not find any troubleshooting information. Try following the video instruction to reset the chain position since the spring only assists in raising the shade.

Old 06-13-14, 07:31 PM
M
All standard roller shades are operated by a continuous chain loop.

Old 06-13-14, 08:02 PM
D
Originally Posted by michaes
All standard roller shades are operated by a continuous chain loop
I sadly must repeat myself, highlight with just added
Originally Posted by DynVec
the shade I'm having a problem with has both a spring and a chain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: