Where can I get very thinly stacked vertical blinds?

Old 07-09-14, 08:29 AM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Where can I get very thinly stacked vertical blinds?

The current blinds I have when fully open, stack up and block 2ft of our pocket sliders. Does someone make vertical blinds that stack up closer together?

I'm coming to the conclusion that they don't exist and I'll have to get curtains and find a way to just smash them up and clasp them so they don't block so much of the view when open. What I'm replacing are these horrible pull string type blinds that take forever to open and close, plus they look ugly mounted on the outside of the door frame.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-14, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 119 Votes on 94 Posts
I think most verticals are pretty much the same size. What size window do you have and how much space do you have for stackback?
I don't understand your comment about having to get curtains and smash them up and clasp them? You can get them for traverse rods that will stackback very well. You can also get Ripplefold panels, which stackback to practically nothing, altho they would be a custom item, and not sure if custom is in your budget.

Old 07-09-14, 10:57 AM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It's 8ft wide. I have three of these openings in my house. About 6" inset or plenty of room to hang whatever on the inside. Curtains and blinds on the outside look ugly to me. I want a cleaner look. The main issue is blinds this wide hide a lot of the opening and just blow in the wind when the pocket sliders are fully open. Ideally I'd love 100% black out too, but realize the edges and the top hardware may make this difficult. I've just not seen any alternatives to traditional blinds or curtains. But curtains would give me the ability to tie them to the side.

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-14, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 119 Votes on 94 Posts
Do a search on Vertiglide Duette shades from Hunter Douglas. They sound like what you want, but will be pricey and would have to be purchased thru authorized dealers. Inside mounted, vertical cellulars, stacks to practically nothing and can be totally light blocking.