Blinds need Window Treatment....HELP

Old 10-23-14, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blinds need Window Treatment....HELP

My blinds have a piece at the top kinda like a curtain panel that protrudes out about 2 1/4" from the window. I had to buy extenders when I put up some panel window treatments on other windows in the house. Right now I am trying to figure out what to put on my 2 small (inside measurements are about 33 1/4 x 19 3/8) front windows. I am tired of putting panel treatments on my windows so I want something else...I was thinking maybe roman type shades but how would I get this to work and do I measure the inside of the window or do measure to the outside of the trim? I also welcome other ideas as well. TYIA :-)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-14, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
What do you mean when you say curtain panel that protrudes out? What do you mean by extenders and panel window treatments? Sorry, but I have a feeling what I call a panel may be different than what you're talking about
Yes, you can put roman shades in any window. Not sure what you mean by "how would I get this to work".
Whether or not you measure inside or outside, depends on where you want to mount the shades. Either is acceptable and is a matter of preference.
Sometimes, if you don't have enough depth or if the window is very, very crooked, an outside mount may work better.

Old 10-27-14, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I will try to get some pics.