16" Faux Wood Blinds?

Old 07-15-15, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
16" Faux Wood Blinds?

I have 2 narrow windows in my kitchen (bay windows) that are only 16" wide. I'd like to purchase blinds to match the 2" faux wood ones on the bigger windows, but haven't been able to find a place that sells them.

Some places will cut blinds to a custom length, but that seems like a lot of waste. Since bay windows are relatively common, I'm hoping to find a place that sells them for a reasonable price.

Do you have any ideas where I can find some 16" wide faux wood blinds?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-15, 08:46 AM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
I bought all the blinds for my in-laws lake place several years ago and they were all faux wood. I went through Menards (which is a regional big box like Lowes and HD - in case the name Menards means nothing to you) and they had vendors who could custom build everything we needed. Can't, unfortunately, recall the brand we ended up buying. Might be Hunter Douglas....

Old 07-16-15, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
There are no readymade blinds that come in 16" anywhere. You won't find them. You'll have to either go custom or have them cut down. Lowes sells Levolor faux wood in 23" and they can cut the width down to 16". I think they're around $30.

Old 07-16-15, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I'll check Mendards and Lowe's per your recommendations.

As for Menards, yeah I love that store, especially on Black Friday. We're getting one about 30 minutes away sometime in the next year or so, so I'm very eager.

Old 07-17-15, 04:57 AM
for 16"? Where can I find that width online?

Old 07-17-15, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Like I said in my reply, that width doesn't come in readymade, whether online or in stores.

Old 07-17-15, 11:11 AM
Like I said in my reply, that width doesn't come in readymade, whether online or in stores.
HA! I was responding to somebody else's reply who said I can order them custom online. But, apparently they deleted their post and now it looks like I was ignoring your advice.

Old 07-17-15, 11:34 AM
I have bought ALL my blinds (vertical and horizontal) from mail order companies like "Blinds Plus" or similar. There are many similar ones, but they all operate the same and sell all the brands plus their own "brand" that may be a name brand without and identification. - They all offer very fast (a couple of days) delivery to your door, about any combination of pull location on a single head rail for multiple blinds for large window complexes.

I did some price comparisons and their prices were lower than the "big boxes" with faster availability if it is not just and off the shelf color/finish/size.

Dick

Old 07-17-15, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
OK, I found that post, lol! It was a spam post, that got deleted. Their advice was worthless.

Anyways, I went to a couple of online sites. Blinds Plus that Dick mentions, seems to be custom only so you'd have to find a dealer.
BlindsToGo, starts at 20".
Blinds.com Blinds | Window Blinds and Shades | Custom Window Coverings offers that size width in different slat sizes, colors and quality options, and probably not a bad price, considering they're custom and semi-custom. Not sure what length you need or what you want to spend, but you might want to check them out.