Plantation shutters for windows at different heights

Old 02-27-16, 07:33 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plantation shutters for windows at different heights

I've got two windows in our master bathroom, one on each side of the corner. The windows are both identical and have fully casings. The opening is the same for both windows, but the sill for one is about 1/16" lower than the other. I'm trying to install plantation shutters but they need a center stile so I'm afraid that I may have to get the style in a slightly different place to account for the 1/16" difference.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Old 02-27-16, 08:34 AM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
Not quite sure I understand. Are you worried if you get two identical sets that the 1/16 gap under the one will be noticeable? I assume these are inside mount? Normally they don't fit so closely that 1/16 would be noticeable.

Old 02-27-16, 09:03 AM
B
Yeah sorry. Both inside mount. My concern is that if I order them with the center stile at the same place, the 1/16" difference that is currently pretty unnoticeable because ethernet window sills are below eye level, will become a lot more noticeable because now there is something at eye level (center stile) that should be level from one to the other by will be off my a smidgen. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Old 02-27-16, 10:09 AM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
Ethernet window sills??? You DO have an advanced house (or have been trapped by autocorrect )

I don't think you will notice it at all. (Well, *you* will notice it because you know it's there. No one else will notice it!) I think you will find that the blinds are normally made a little undersize so you'll probably be able to line the stiles up exactly if you want, and the little gap above the sill won't stand out at all.

Old 02-27-16, 10:22 AM
B
Darn autocorrect!

Thanks for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: