Fabric string pull vertical blind won't slide

Old 03-23-19, 03:17 PM
Fabric string pull vertical blind won't slide

I have LouverDrape custom fabric verticals. They are approximately 27 ft wide 84 iches long. They traverse left & right from the middle They are string pull and chain rotating. The right side string pull to open the blind is stuck at the center. I have checked all the clips & vanes, they are all Ok & move just fine if you move them by hand individually, except for the one at the very end of the string. The string is very tight and will not pull at all. Rotating the vanes with the chain works perfectly. I have sprayed a small amount of silicone on the track and that did not help. None of the clips look broken. A couple of the rod holding bracket clips had opened & the rod was off the track. I put the rod back on and fastened the brackets & it is now level, but still does not open. Any suggestions for the repair?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-19, 04:49 AM
Group Moderator
You just have to look for what is binding it up. If you found one slider that isn't moving focus there. Why isn't it moving? Is is warped or broken? Is their a nick or seam in the track at that location that's catching it? If someone pulls the cords to move the blind do you see the cords put tension on the stuck block?

Old 03-24-19, 08:23 AM
Smile

Thank you Pilot Dave! I took your advise & went over each vane & the entire traverse rod & found nothing wrong. However it helped me find the problem. When I got to the end of the rod by the string, I used a magnifying glass to look at the rods back corner at the string. Evidently SOMEONE pulled to hard on the string when the traverse rod was loose from the brackets and pulled the string off the tiny wheel. I used a small blunt end screwdriver to push the string back on the wheel! Yahoo & Yaaaaayyyyyy! It works perfectly now! Saved me thousands of $$$$, I'm sure! I'm so grateful!