Power Rise Duette battery question

Old 11-22-20, 04:42 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power Rise Duette battery question

I'm trying to replace the Battery Bracket Assembly on a PowerRise Duette; the part opposite the spring where the battery tube clips in. I have the part, but I cannot figure out how to get the black cover off the motherboard where the clip wire plugs in. I have the firs two clips on the black plate off, but there looks like another one I cannot get to. Any ideas?

Old 11-22-20, 05:09 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Did you do a GOOGLE search for "Battery Bracket Assembly on a PowerRise Duette"? Lots of info available. Without seeing a picture we can't tell what you're having trouble with.

Old 11-22-20, 06:28 PM
Received 54 Upvotes on 47 Posts
There are at least 2 generations of power Duettes, and at least 3 different battery packs, so a photo is needed to identify what you have.

Old 11-22-20, 08:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

As mentioned... pictures are helpful..... How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 11-23-20, 07:20 AM
P
PowerRise Battery Bracket Assembly Question

It's not actually a battery question, but a Battery Bracket Assembly uninstall/reinstall question.

As the 1st pic shows, the clip that holds the battery tube in place, is broken. The 2nd pic is where it connects to the MoBo. I cannot figure out how to get that back clip off that holds the black cover over where the Battery bracket assembly wire plugs in . I have the replacement part.

I looked all over the internet and cannot find disassembly instructions. This is what I was hoping to find here, and why I posted at the motor replacement post, because, I think, in order to remove the motor, you need to remove this first.
FYI I bought these in 1999 or 2000 and I have 7 on one wall in a 2 story great room. I'm also pretty sure I did this like 8-10 years ago, which makes it even more frustrating. Thanx in advance for your help!

Old 11-23-20, 07:41 AM
P

I Figured a couple of further away Pics might make it easier to see what I am talking about and how the Battery Bracket Assembly wire connects.

Old 11-23-20, 09:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
There are several videos on you tube in regards to that system.
Good video but annoying chatter..... Power rise repair.
There are others in the right side list.

Old 12-02-20, 02:08 PM
P
I could not find any vids on this after searching for a few hours.

However, I finally did figure it out and it was quite involved. You also have to take the IR sensor out.

The problem I ran into, is there two different plugs on the same Battery Bracket assembly. It seems the smaller ones(AAA Batts) have a female plug that goes into a male receptacle on the MoBo, and the longer blinds(AA Bats) have the opposite. Therefore, 2 different MoBo's too. Be advised, to make matters even worse, there's also a left and a right. Ugh!

The one I'm trying to fix now is a long one, so my new parts are useless.

As luck would have it, I have 2 new battery Bracket assemblies for the shorter AAA blinds. I finally gave up and took a chance with the local blind repair guy; in hopes he has the AA battery Bracket assembly lying around; you cannot find them online. I'll keep the AAA battery bracket assemblies for the short ones I also have to fix. Truly an exercise in frustration, but I hope this helps someone

Old 04-03-21, 10:47 PM
T
Received 195 Upvotes on 171 Posts
... after searching for a few hours. ... and it was quite involved. ... two different plugs ...

... 2 different MoBo's ... ... also a left and a right. ... my new parts are useless.

... an exercise in frustration, ...
Welcome to the world of the Service Tech!

CircuitBreaker voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: