Blind hard to pull down

Old 11-22-22, 08:45 AM
I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blind hard to pull down

Bali blind about 5 years old. Cordless honeycomb cellular, pulls down from top and raise up from bottom. BL 1295 TQTY. It works okay, it's not uneven, it goes up and down okay. But doesn't pull down easily. It takes some effort to pull it down. Should I be concerned, can I adjust the tension?

Old 11-22-22, 10:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,461 Posts
Yes, you should be concerned. No you cannot generally adjust the tension. You just need to look closely at the blind and figure out why it's harder now. Is a cord wrapped around something? Has a chunk of dirt bound something up? Is there a gear or other plastic bit breaking apart? I move the blind slowly while feeling and looking. I also look at what is moving and how. I start at the cord. Look at where the cord goes in the mechanism. Then follow it through any pulleys or gears looking for something not right.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-22-22, 10:27 AM
I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, I'm getting fed up with blinds. Had a different blind break a year go, I replaced it with curtains on a cafe rod. . Blinds are so expensive. I will "fiddle" with it, I'm not optimistic.

Old 11-22-22, 11:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,461 Posts
Blinds, and it doesn't matter what brand, are problematic because of their complex nature and inexpensive construction. They have pull cords, pulleys, gears, sliding tracks... and many parts are plastic that age and get brittle with time whether you use them or not. It all adds up to potential problems.

Don't forget to search if you need parts. There are several online retailers that sell replacement parts for Bali blinds. You can check out this company for example. I have never purchased from them but hopefully you can find the parts you need.

Old 11-22-22, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 322 Likes on 256 Posts
If they're custom, they may still be under warranty. To fix it yourself, you'll probably have to take it apart to replace whatever is broken. May be easier to send it out for repair, but depending on how much you paid for the blind, might be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: