Forced Hot Water Heating System

Old 01-24-04, 06:43 AM
dsconti
Visiting Guest
Forced Hot Water Heating System

I would like instructions on how-to remove air from my hot water based board heating system. I have 4 zones, one being my hot tank. I believe purging the system is a term used. Could you provide me with some detailed instructions?

Old 01-24-04, 07:14 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
look

Did you look and see if you have any bleeder valves on any of the base boards at anyplace? ED

Old 01-31-04, 11:13 PM
Scrubby Doo
Visiting Guest
I've got issues with the same type of thing

I recently moved into a house with the same type of heating system. I personally don't find it too good, as the house is perpetually cold.

In any case, my roommate turned a valve on one of the vents, and water was trickling out. I don't think this is a good thing, but it could also be a result of the system not being taken care of in a few years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-01-04, 05:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The thermostat is responsible for temp control. What are you setting it at? It may be out of calibration and needs to be set a little higher. The water leak is a different story. What kind of valve was it? If it was a radiator valve, there may be a nut under the handle that can be tightened SLIGHTLY to stop the leak. If not, you will probably need a tech to repair it.

Old 02-01-04, 08:15 AM
Scrubby Doo
Visiting Guest
The thermostat is set to 90 degrees.

As for the valve, he'd said something about releasing air, but after seeing the water, I don't know that we have the same type of system he was thinking of.

Old 02-01-04, 08:40 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
More info here . tstat at 90o home is cold? did or is the burner on????? Do you have a pump in the boiler and is it on or did it run??? ED

Old 02-26-06, 08:55 AM
W
bleeding

Bleed the lines by unscrewing the screws at the end of the lines until water trickles out. Then retighten. Purging is when you flush out the furnace, I think. All in all you must find out if you have water circulating or not. and why. that would be the circulator pump Mr. do-it-yourselfer.

Old 12-19-09, 12:47 PM
P
Angry need heat

I have a single family home with one thermosat and all of a sudden heat is not going to two rooms upstairs what could cause this

Old 12-19-09, 03:47 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
Upper floors? Could be a number of things, but let's start with you having a look at the pressure gauge on the boiler. Tell us both the pressure and temperature reading on that gauge.

We will probably be asking for you to take some pics and upload them to a photo hosting site such as Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (free account) and place a link here so we can view your pics.

Old 12-20-09, 07:13 AM
P
the tempature is 180 and the pressure is 0

Old 12-20-09, 07:57 AM
M
the zeropressure is your problem.
you willneed at least 12 psi, maybe more, depending how high your house is.

can you figure how to add water?

Old 12-20-09, 04:20 PM
P
hot water is made by furnace and can't figure out how to add water

Old 12-20-09, 05:28 PM
NJT
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
If we can't see your system, we can't tell you which valves to mess with... you need to post some pictures.

Old 12-28-09, 06:02 PM
P
thanks for everyones held but I found the problem the hard way, wife found water coming through wall ,big hole in pipe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: