oil burner cutting out

Old 02-09-04, 06:01 AM
aupic
Visiting Guest
oil burner cutting out

My oil burner is shutting down at different time intervals, sometimes going to reset, othe times going to latchout. My service people after 8 vists in 7 days now say the proble is my power venter is not rated high enough. Why should I believe this when the venter is only 2 years old and the shutdown have just started this winter. Please give me some insight.

thank you

Old 02-09-04, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My service people after 8 vists in 7 days now say the proble is my power venter is not rated high enough. Why should I believe this

First Id say get a new tech here for sure. filter, air leak in the oil line, pump , transformer, motor,water in oil tank and ice, wax build up. This venter is it clean ? burner fan clean?.Eye clean?

Id say for sure get a new tech to look at it. You have a lot of ifs here.

ED

Old 02-09-04, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is the brand and model of the powerventer? There can be many things that cause intermittent lockouts and if the system worked OK last year, I don't buy the story about the powerventer rating. Sounds like a way to get you to buy something. If you pay them to install the new powerventer will they guarantee you that you will not pay another service bill until the system is working properly? I don't believe so because when the new powerventer is installed and the problem persists, they will want to continue replacing parts at your expense until the problem goes away.

Some of the most difficult intermittent problems to diagnose are burner motors with dead spots and ignition transformers that change secondary voltage with temperature. I think you could replace both of those parts for half the cost of a powerventer and at least that suggestion would be based on experience.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: