automatic water feed


Old 02-18-04, 01:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
automatic water feed

I have an automatic water feeder on my gas/steam system. Suddenly the water level permitted is higher-to the top of the glass-causing water hammering. How can the level be adyusted downward?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-04, 11:10 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,389
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take and make sure the float is clear and no yuck is around it or blocks it there should be clecn out plugs on it. ED
Old 02-19-04, 07:05 PM
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,824
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
the low water cut off

the big black ball looking thing is the low water cut-off... if you had a good plumber, he left you a flush valve on the bottom side of it. You need to flush about a quart every week or so into a 5 gallon bucket... leave it there and empty it when its half full...if you want , you can adjust the level with that device.
Old 02-19-04, 07:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I Agree

Mucked up balls very often are the problem, However the valve seats on many McDonnel Millers get worn and dont close off tight, so both can cause boiler flooding!!! If flushing the Feeder doesn't work, I would check the valve parts, depending on the model some have needle and seat others have plunger and seat.

Kits are availablre to rebuild them, and new float ball are also available if the ball float has leaked and is full of water!!

Good Luck Jerry
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: