radiator

Old 03-01-04, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
radiator

Hi,
There are 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor of my colonial. One bedroom is above an unheated garage. The garage ceiling is finished and insulated, but once the bedroom door is closed the temperature in that bedroom drops 6-10 degrees lower than the other 2 bedroom. That bedroom has the largest radiator of the 3 rooms. How can I add another radiator or replace the existing with one larger?
I hope I say this clearly. Ideally, I would not relocate the pipe that supplies the exisitng radiator, but tap into it somehow. I really don't mind pipe running along the wall above the bedroom floor.

The home is located in Connecticut.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-04, 10:18 AM
Moved you over to boilers . Is all the top floor on the same zone here? Temp drops with door closed could you cut door bottom off some ?ED

Old 03-01-04, 09:15 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Is this radiator heating evenly across all of the fins? If it is steam, remove the air valve and blow it clear of any debris (like a whistle).

Old 03-03-04, 03:19 AM
Hi,

To answer the two replies. The radiators heat evenly over all fins and the bedrooms are all on the same loop.

Paul

Old 03-05-04, 05:58 PM
Looky-see!

the other end of the radiator has a plug in it, remove the plug and add another radiator to it, however keep in mind it will have to be on a continual pitch upward... not many places have the room....
Idea!.... place the thermostat in the cold room and install thermostatic radiator valves in the other two,... all will be happy!