How to drop psi from 25 to 15?

Old 03-07-04, 01:28 PM
markss
Visiting Guest

I have tryed to drop psi down on my system. by draining the water out of the boiler and by the water reducing valve which is a bellgossett model b-38 it says that it is set at 12psi. But why does my pressure gauge say 25psi?Do I have to turn the system off when i'm doing this? when I try to do either one the pressure stays at 25.When I drain it does the water,gas,thermastsat,and electric have to be off?the water inlet pipe does it have to be opened all the time?I have a grundfos pump model up15 does this have anything to do with it?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-04, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you try to drain the boiler down turn the auto water fill off at that time and see if the psi gauge goes down. If not tap on it and see if it is working and goes down . If not get a new one. could be some one has pushed up the auto fill on it. There you back off the lock nut and back out the screw there on top of it . for now Id say try just one turn CCW and lock the nut turn water back on and see what it does. If till to high do it all over Are go get a new auto fill and pop off. It should be pre set for 15 psi
Yes the water to the auto fill should be on all the time.ED

Old 03-09-04, 07:46 AM
markss
Visiting Guest

Originally posted by Ed Imeduc
When you try to drain the boiler down turn the auto water fill off at that time and see if the psi gauge goes down. If not tap on it and see if it is working and goes down . If not get a new one. could be some one has pushed up the auto fill on it. There you back off the lock nut and back out the screw there on top of it . for now Id say try just one turn CCW and lock the nut turn water back on and see what it does. If till to high do it all over Are go get a new auto fill and pop off. It should be pre set for 15 psi
Yes the water to the auto fill should be on all the time.ED
THANK YOU!!!! I done all of it, and had problems with the reducing valve sticking but okay. I drained the boiler all the way and pressure gauge stayed at 25. So I took it out and it still said 25. I then tapped it and it went down to 0. I put it back in turned water back on and psi said 30, so I let water out of boiler and the psi dropped, so the gauge works I turned reducing valve ccw to where I wanted the psi to be, it's at 16 or 17? So it is where I want it to be. SO THANK YOU!! IT IS BETTER TO ASK HOW,TO KNOW HOW!!