Honeywell zone valve wiring

Old 03-08-04, 05:07 AM
fritxy
Visiting Guest
Question Honeywell zone valve wiring

I have a gas boiler with Honeywell aquastat 8148J and 2 White Rogers zone valves, which needed replacement, and 2 standard 2 wire thermostats. I have purchased, and soldered in 2 new Honeywell 8043E zone valves. 2 red leads and 2 yellow leads extend from zone valves and 8148J has terminals TV, T, W (which is strapped to both Z and TP). I have read the documentation but am not completely certain of wiring. No example shows my exact situation. I have a wiring scheme worked out but would like to be absolutly sure before I proceed. I called Honeywell for support but they do not want to assist a do-it-yourselfer, which kind of defeats the retail plumbing supply, Home Depot, Lowe's aspect of life. Please let me know if you can help.
Thank you,
Lew

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-04, 02:10 PM
Of course we can help. As should the Home Depot sales people. They want to sell things that aren't easily installed, but they may take the money and run.

All I can tell you without pulling up the docs on the auqastat is that the 2 yellow wires of the zone valves go to the motor to open the valve and the 2 red wires are from the end switch. Those termonals close when the valve is open to start the pump. The red wires should go to the T terminals on the aquastat.

The rest should be fairly straight forward. The power supply in your aquastat will power the valves. You just need to get the right terminals.