Peerless Boiler Installation

Old 07-09-04, 11:46 AM
krums
Visiting Guest
Peerless Boiler Installation

hello all,

well, you would not think this, but I have been having some trouble getting a new installer for a peerless boiler. I had an installer lined up, but that didn't work out (to say the least) and I have the boiler in my basement. Most installers are not too happy that I have the boiler already and give me a hard time if the come to the house at all. I have not been able to get an installer lined up and I am thinking of just working on it myself; then paying the gas company to connect the gas line.

I am fairly descent at plumbing (re-ran the entire master bathroom plumbing) so I could do the "water" portion. I have to add a radiator (the original installer was to do this) and I figure it would cost less if I do it.

Is there anything anyone would recommend while i decide this undertaking?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-04, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Near-boiler piping can make or break an installation. And theres a lot more than connecting pipes. You probably can do it but you should get some guidance before you dive in. Call Peerless and ask them if they can send you their 'Color of Water' series of publications. I think there were 3 or 4 of them and they were very informative on near-boiler piping. If you explain your predicament, they may be able to refer you to someone else in your area to get it done too.

Ken