Bell and Gossett Booster Pump issues...

Old 09-03-04, 11:54 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bell and Gossett Booster Pump issues...

I have a small apartment building with 6 B&G Series 100 booster pumps. I replaced a leaking one last winter. How often do these things last, on the average? I hear various stories. It seems like the motors last for a long time but that they tend to leak by the gaskets, seals, and/or bearing assemblies? I know they are rebuilbable but not sure if I wanna go that route or just replace the entire pump as an assembly. any ideas, thoughts or input?? Also, would it be true to assume that if one of them starting leaking water, that air can also enter the system at that point and thus cause a no-heat condition?

Old 09-06-04, 06:39 PM
I have replaced well over 100 B&G model 100s and Taco model 110s with Taco 007 pumps and have never had a flow problem. That would be my suggestion. The 007 complete pump costs about the same as a B&G bearing assembly and just over half the cost of a B&G motor.

Ken

Old 09-09-04, 09:05 PM
G
Good idea... thanks! I heard those Taco pumps are quite reliable.

I also have to replace the existing flange assembly if I did that, right? How involved would that happen to be? Thanks again!!

Old 09-10-04, 05:59 PM
The flanges are the same but they are oriented 90 degrees different on the new pumps. That means you may need to turn them to make the pumps not interfere with each other. Possibly not though because the 007s are a lot smaller than the old pumps. Good Luck.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: