Zone Valves

Old 09-29-04, 10:48 PM
Jeff1014
Visiting Guest
Zone Valves

Hello all

I have been trying to turn off a zone in our house and cannot seem to get it to turn off. Just reset the valves when I refired the bolier for the season and still one zone will not shut off - It just cooks in that area of the house
I have tried the reset on the Honewell Zone valves but heat still blasts through that radiator.
Do I need to change the entire valve or just the Motor? I have changed the motor only but seems to do the same thing.
If I rewire the motor exactly the smae as it was, should the valve still work the same or does it depend on where the thermostat is set when you remove the motor operator (ie open or closed)
Any help would be great

Thanks

Jeff the Valve guy

Old 09-30-04, 04:53 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There could be something wrong inside the valve itself. If you move the lever and you can feel resistance as you push it, it should be working. If it moves easily all the way from one side to the other it may be jammed and in the open position. It is hard to tell. Some of the stems get stiff after a number of years. With the head off you should be able to rotate the valve stem with 2 fingers. The valve is normally in the closed position so don't replace the motor unless you determine it is bad. I have seen teflon tape stuck inside a zone valve and it can hold it open and allow flow. Sorry I can't give you any more definite info.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: