TACO Control Panel Hook-Up

Old 10-02-04, 08:17 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
TACO Control Panel Hook-Up

I've got a TACO 6 zone control panel which I'm planning to intergrate into my Weil McLain Boiler. Currently I've got 1 loop which I plan to break into 4 zones. My question is how to retrofit/set up the wiring from the new controls to the existing boiler. The TACO unit has a 24 volt transforer good for 75VA which is plenty to power the zone valves, etc. This new control panel has slots for 2 end switch leads (circulator, aquastat, etc.). With my boiler, however, I've got electronic ignition and a power damper and circulator coming off of an existing 24 volt transformer. Should I dump the existing transformer and tie into the end switch leads for the circulator, aquastat and damper? Any input appreciated from someone familiar with these controls.

Patrick

Old 10-04-04, 03:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well I think you would use one of the end switch pairs to start the boiler and circulator. It should be the same 2 wires that now come from your thermostat. I don't know why you need a control panel if you are using zone valves. I have not seen one. There is a nice relay panel available if you were using circulators. I will look on Tacos web site to see if there is any more info I could help you with.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: