no pressure in hot water heater

Old 10-05-04, 07:10 AM
melia
Visiting Guest
no pressure in hot water radiator/boiler

we have two weil-mclean(?) heaters to heat two units in a 2 flat. our neighbors flipped the switch on theirs 3 days ago. last night we turned ours on. they are both on and functioning at the basement level. the difference is that they have heat on the 2nd floor, we have none on the first. i have looked at all of the valves and faucets and see only 2 differences. their gravity flo valve is open and loose and their pressure is at about 18psi. we have no pressure and i have opened and now closed that gravity flo valve (i had to use a wrench, very tight, unlike theirs). the radiators in our apartment are open, the bleeders were closed but are now open. just as i opened the first a tiny bit of air came out but none at the others. i rechecked the psi but no change. the boiler is on and creating heat in the pipes up to the gravity flo valve. hot water flows out of the boiler so it seems to be full, though we didn't fill it.

Last edited by melia; 10-05-04 at 09:10 AM. Reason: not a hot water heater
Old 10-05-04, 09:31 AM
melia
Visiting Guest
issue resolved. water not turned on.....thought it was....

Old 10-05-04, 10:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

They should have a auto fill on them. Check and make sure you have all the air out now

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: