Wiring three zone valves

Old 10-25-04, 04:24 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring three zone valves

Hi, New here. I need help in wiring a three zone valves. I have the honeywell.
I been looking for books on diagrams without any luck. Please help if you can.

Old 10-25-04, 08:25 PM
We at least need to know whether it is a gas or oil system and do you use the boiler for domestic hot water or not. Is this a new installation or are you replacing the valves?

Ken

Old 10-26-04, 12:19 AM
E
It's new

It's oil heat boiler for domestic hot water . It is a new installation. I'am using a Honeywell Triple Aquastat relay line volt burner control with Taco zone valves.

Old 10-26-04, 05:22 AM
Now that information is helpful. You will need a Honeywell AT72 transformer (or equivalent) to power the zone valves. You should bring the thermostat wires down to the zone valves and connect one side of the thermostat to terminal #1 on the zone valve. Then take a 2 conductor wire from the valve closest to the transformer (for neatness) and connect it to the remaining thermostat wire with a wire nut and terminal #2. Take the other end back to the transformer. It doesn't matter which wire goes to which terminal. Then use a 3 conductor wire and go from zone valve to zone valve connecting 1 wire from the loose thermostat wire with the wire nut another to terminal #2 and the third to terminal #3 until all three valves are wired. Then from the valve closest to the aquastat (for neatness) run a 2 conductor wire from terminals #2 and #3 down to T and T on the aquastat. Bingo.

And DO NOT forget to set the heat anticipators in your thermostat (if they are not digital) to .9 amps.

Ken

Old 10-26-04, 11:49 AM
E
Still need help

Hi Ken, Thanks for your help for sure. But I don't understand the second part. I'am going to try diagram here. Maybe this will help me. Zone value three is the closest to the transformer and Bolier control. I understand that you want me to run two wires from the bolier control to zone value three as this is the closest one. Do I connect all the white to terminal 2 in a row and then run it back to the transformer. Do I connect all red wire in a row. If this right. Were does it connect to. Do I connect the other white thermostat wire to #2 on the zone values. Hi If you have the time and the best time to call you. I will gladly call you. If you don't mine. You can e-mail at ba4ic@yahoo.com. I figure I have about two the three weeks before I need to use the heat. I'am keep working on it. Hope you can fine the time. Also Hope you understand this. The only reason I have to make is that I burn out the thermostat control on the boiler control. I'am using cheaper control before I hook up the new one. As I preview this. It' not looking like I set it up on the postThanks Bill

Zone value one Zone value two Zone value three
1 from thermostat 1 from thermostat 1 from thermostat
2 white wire Tran 2white wireTransformer 2 white wire To Transformer
3 red wire 3 red wire 3 red wire

Bolier control T Right Red T left White
Transformer
p t red wire ?

C t white wire

Old 10-26-04, 12:38 PM
Your description sounded exactly right. I couldn't understand the diagram. The only problem with one valve being closest to the transformer and the control is that you end up with 3 wires under a couple of terminals and it gets a little tough to do a nice job without shorting something out or having a wire jump out from under a terminal.

Ken

Old 10-27-04, 01:20 AM
E
Hi, A few question Thanks.,

Hi Ken, I understand that the one thermostat wire goes to #1. The other one coming from thermostat wire get all tied (White)(Is This Right) together and does this go to c on the transfomer are somewhere else. The red wire that goes on #3 to all the zone valves. Does that come off the P on the transformer are somewhere else. Now the white wire that goes to the #2 on all the zone valve were does this go. I do Have to get power to the zone valves. Using the the red wire on #3 from the transformer.Is this right. You said once I do this. All I have do Is run the red wire to the T and white wire to the T on the B control from the closest zone valve. If you don't understand. I was wondering If you fax a diagram to me of the wiring. E-mail me if you can. I will gladly pay you for your time.

Zone value one Zone value two Zone value three
1 from thermostat 1 from thermostat 1 from thermostat
2 white wire Tran 2white wireTransformer 2 white wire To Transformer
3 red wire 3 red wire 3 red wire

Bolier control T Right Red T left White
Transformer
p t red wire ?

C t white wire

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: