Boiler in Lockout mode a few time

Old 10-27-04, 09:31 PM
3d2kmax
Visiting Guest
Boiler in Lockout mode a few time

Hi all,
My Burnham boiler (Model #RSA110TH-TB)have been in Lockout mode a lot this year, well it started after the service guy came this year a few months ago. It have never do this since we got the house. But anyway just a coincidence, what would cause the boiler to go into "Lockout"? How or where can i get a code read out if there is one? Or how can i determine what is causing the "LockOut"? Wife is getting MAD where she is in the shower with no hotwater.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-04, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is this oil fired or gas? What are you having to reset?

A few different things can cause lock out. One being that he may have set the temp to high to test the lock out and forgot to turn it back down. Or you could have an obstruction in your flue pipe.

Old 11-01-04, 09:28 PM
3d2kmax
Visiting Guest
It is an oil-fired boiler.
There is a "push button" on the top of the igniting unit with description to reset the unit. Also a previous service guy told me to alway push it "try the button" before calling for service. you mention the flue, well the last guy that serviced the unit did have to take off the unit's pipe that vented burned gas into the chimmey. Maybe he did not put it back correctly. i will have to check it out. thank for the infor.
JAck