Taco zone valve help...ASAP

Old 11-30-04, 04:05 PM
jesseshadow
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Taco zone valve help...ASAP

What wires do you connect to a Taco Zone valve model 555-102. I can't seem to find any schematics online anywhere. It has 3 screws to land on.. 1,2,3. The wires I have to land with are Red, White, and Green. They are coming from a box that has the transformer and contactor in it. (Aqua-stat L8040F) There are also the wires that come from the stats ( Red, White). Please help... I've made a big mistake by not writing down how they ( I have 2 zone valves) were connected and it's getting cold. Thanks...

Last edited by jesseshadow; 11-30-04 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 05:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Terminals 2 & 3 go to the circulator relay. Terminal 1 goes to one of the thermostat wires. The other thermostat wire goes to one side of the 24 volt transformer that powers the zone valve and the other transformer terminal goes to Terminal 2 (also)

Ken

Old 12-01-04, 03:53 PM
jesseshadow
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. Everything's up and running now, and hopefully for good.

Old 12-03-04, 02:20 PM
jesseshadow
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Still not up to par... I think.

Okay so here's a recap of what I think I have done...

From the aquastat; TV < red wire > to red's of stats
T jumpered to W < green wire > to the 3's on zone valves
B2 24v burner < white wire > to 2's

And I put the whites from the stats onto the 1's

Does this sound right? ( if it makes sense?)

...Is the one white coming from the B2 considered a neutral?

Old 12-03-04, 04:02 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't think you can use the transformer in the control for Taco zone valves. You had better find that out first or you will burn out the transformer in the control and it will be ruined. You probably need a separate 40va transformer to operate the zone valves. One wire from the transformer goes to one wire from each thermostat. The other wire from the transformer goes to #2 on the zone valve. One wire from each zones thermostat goes to terminal #1 on the corresponding zone valve. Then terminals 2 and 3 go down to the T terminals on the aquastat.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: