Purge Air???

Old 12-05-04, 10:21 AM
LMTRAYN
Visiting Guest
Purge Air???

I recently purchased my house that has a American Standard Boiler for steam heat in the house. The boiler also heats an addition that uses baseboard hot water heat with the use of a Taco circulating pump. The addition has a first floor which is a den, and the second floor is a bedroom. I believe that there is air in the second floor baseboard. I removed the nipple on the pipe's elbow and when the heat is there is no water in the pipe. The heat works very good in the rest of the house, but not at all in the addition. Do you think it's air in the pipes or any suggestions?

Old 12-05-04, 03:31 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If the addition is heated by hot water instead of steam, either you have a heat exchanger on the boiler to keep the system in the addition full of water or when you open the bleeder you admit air that fouls up the whole works. There is more going on in that system than you know, or explained to us and we need to know more to help you. How does the water get fed to the addition?

Ken

Old 12-05-04, 07:49 PM
LMTRAYN
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure if there is a heater exchange or not. The Tasco Circulating pump is the only add on that I can see on the boiler. It appears that the pipes are just on a continuous loop for the addition.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: