Noisy Taco zone valve 2 way model 571-2

Old 12-08-04, 06:58 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Noisy Taco zone valve 2 way model 571-2

When the zone valve opens and closes there is almost a 5 second musical sound coming from the valve (longer when closing). And during the time the valve is open there is a ticking sound about every 15 seconds which last for about a few seconds. When I apply pressure with my finger to the top of the valve the sound stops. The single loop heating system is a yearold and I don't recall this happening last year. Any ideas on what this could be and how to end the symphony? Thanks.

Old 12-08-04, 09:39 AM
Vermonta
Visiting Guest
Sounds like some amount of air in the system.
Do you have a spare head for the valve?? They range from $20 on ebay to $45 in Home depot and I usually keep at least one extra around. You can change the head on the valve and eliminate the possibility that it is the root cause.

Old 12-08-04, 09:07 PM
The heads carry a 3 year warranty (I think) so if it makes a noise, it should be replaced in warranty. I have never heard of the noise you describe coming from a Taco zone valve but anything is possible.

Ken

Old 12-09-04, 04:04 AM
L
Originally Posted by Vermonta
Sounds like some amount of air in the system.
Do you have a spare head for the valve?? They range from $20 on ebay to $45 in Home depot and I usually keep at least one extra around. You can change the head on the valve and eliminate the possibility that it is the root cause.
Thanks Vermonta for the advice. I am new to this, how do I go about changing the head for the vavle? Thanks.

Len

Old 12-09-04, 05:15 AM
To change the power head, take the wire off of the top (#1) terminal and wait 5 minutes. Then take off the other 2. Make sure you know where they go. Be sure the manual lever is in the up (automatic) position. Grab the head and turn it clockwise. It will unlock and lift right off.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: