How I get the air out of the lines Plus

Old 12-13-04, 04:12 PM
fixitdaddy
Visiting Guest
Cold Finned Radiator without Bleeder

I have lived in my 90 year old house for 30 years with 2 B&G circulators for the hot water heat and cast iron upright radiators on one circuit that works fine. The other circuit which I had modified 20 years ago during remodeling has a fan assisted "Ventilator" under a kitchen base cabinet and 15 feet away a 4 foot long finned regular baseboard radiator without an air bleed. The ventilator is moderately warm and for the first time the 4 footer is completely COLD. I replaced the pump bearing during the summer. I assume there is air trapped in this circuit.

HELP! What are my options to restore heat? Must I drill a hole in the top most part of the cold radiator to bleed the air. If so how do I reseal it? Thank you very mush for help. It's cold in the bathroom during this Wisconsin winter.

Old 12-13-04, 06:04 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Welcome to the DIY Forums

Please, if you post a new problem, do not post it as a reply to a thread that we think we have resolved the problem or it is an ongoing thread. Post it as a new post, and then you will have a better chance of getting a response.

As to your problem, I do not know the complete piping on your system, so you may have to review it to see if there is a way to run water thru the system, and into a bucket or tub to bleed the air out of the system. I have had moderate success with this.

Most likely you will need to replace a section of the piping leading to the cold radiator, and install a vent. If so, do it at the highest point in the lines, because air is going to migrate to the highest point.

Good luck,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: