New Thermostat - Now a Taco pump problem?

Old 12-22-04, 07:09 AM
Dave_S_diy
Visiting Guest
New Thermostat - Now a Taco pump problem?

I'm a new DIYer, and replaced my old mercury-switch thermostat with a new digital thermostat (Honeywell RTH7500D) this weekend.

Turned off the power, R wire to R, W wire to W, connect it back up - easy as pie (or so I thought).

Now there's a loud gurlging noise from the green taco circulation pump. I have two zones, the main one (which is the thermostat I replaced) and one on a sun porch which has a second thermostat I didn't touch.

I believe that the pump serves the second zone on the sun porch, and it only seems to make noise when that thermostat calls for heat. The heat in the main part of the house seems to work fine.

Do I need to account for the second thermostat somehow in installing the new digital thermostat? Did I screw something up when I killed the power/installed the new thermostat?

Or is this an entirely unrelated problem whose timing is coincidental? If it's a separate issue, do I need to be concerned about the noise?

I've temporarily turned the thermostat in the sunporch all the way down just to be safe, but obviously it can't stay that way.

Thanks for any advice!

- Dave

Old 12-22-04, 06:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The problems are unrelated. It may be air in the system. Try bleeding the radiators in the problem zone.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: