poorly calibrated thermostat

Old 12-22-04, 07:48 PM
galaxor
Visiting Guest
Question poorly calibrated thermostat

Greetings. I just installed a Honeywell round digital (heat only) thermostat. All is working fine except that the room temperature reading is about 7 degrees below what I measure using stand-alone thermometers placed at the same location. My skin also confirms that the temperature that the thermostat thinks it is is indeed a few degrees too cold. Seems to me having a digital thermostat this badly out of calibration must be unusual. For now, I am just setting the temperature set point colder by the same 7 degree offset and all is well. But I am curious if others have had any similar experience. There appears to be no way to adjust the calibration of this unit.

Old 12-23-04, 07:10 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
7 is about a 10% error. I would either return it or call Honeywell Customer Care at 800-468-1502.

Old 12-23-04, 08:22 AM
Wink

Id call Honeywell about it. But you know this brings to mind years back. We could reset the tstat right in the field for people that was ok. Then Honeywell came out with the same round T87 with just some marks on the dial. At one end it said warmer-------at the other end ----cooler. We never had a bad tstat the whole time they made them.

My .02 cemts ED

Old 12-23-04, 11:37 AM
galaxor
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by arkayassoc
7 is about a 10% error. I would either return it or call Honeywell Customer Care at 800-468-1502.
Thanks - I did return and exchange it and the new one works fine (agrees with the external standard to within a half degree). My faith in digital electronics has taken a ding.

Old 12-23-04, 12:10 PM
A
Thanks for posting back, it may help others.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: