U.S. -National Furnace Question

Old 12-29-04, 12:46 PM
Mike Selvenis
Visiting Guest
U.S. -National Furnace Question

Hi
I'm a new homeowner and new to oil fired steam heating as well. THe home i purchased is equipped with a U.S. National oil furnace. I believe it is from the 1960s and am so far pleased with it. with nothing to compare it to, however. To my great surprise, I cannot seem to find ANYTHING on this brand of furnace on the internet and nothing here either . Does anyone know where i can get more info on this particular furnace? Again, it's a U.S. National Sunray IV Automatic Heating Boiler
I'm interested in any literature i can get my hands on that will help me to familiarize myself with it.

thanks in advance, Mike.

Old 12-29-04, 02:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try the Smithsonian. Just kidding. You won't find anything about the boiler since it is long extinct but you may find some info on your burner. Hopefully the burner has been replaced since the boiler was installed. The burner is the heart of the system anyway. If you need info on the burner, get the brand and model and I'm sure you can find info online somewhere.

Ken

Old 12-29-04, 02:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

With Ken here most old burners are just about as they are to day You might have a stack control on it. Work with the burners name not the boiler name.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: