blleding hot water baseboard

Old 12-30-04, 08:44 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
blleding hot water baseboard

hi all.i have a new home with a hot water baseboard heater.i am getting a banging noise when one of my zones go on.im not familiar with baseboard and only seem to have one place where i could bleed the sysytem.basically what my system is ,is an amtrol (hot water)unit for one of the three zones,then 2 heating zones on my first and only floor.the heating system is located in the basement .my pressure in boiler is 20psi .from my circulater pump i have a pipe going to 3 metal honeywell boxes,which i feel are wired to the 2 thermostates and the amtrol.there is a pipe going from each of these to the baseboard zones.then they return back down to the boiler.at the return piont just before the boiler there is a water faucet valve for each of the two baseboard zones.and just under that before boiler there is and shut off valve on each to stop the flow into the boiler i guess.if someone could help explain to me how to go about bleeding this system i would appreciate it...the metal honey well boxes have switches on the bottom im guessing is to turn them off...so i wondering when i bleed the system if i should have the zones on or off......i also have an expansion tank that is located on the back side of the boiler and it seems to be plumbed inside the boiler itself and not to the pipes running to the basboard.the system is almost 2 years old....sorry for the long post but im hoping all this info will help me explain the system...thanks for any help...and happy new year to all......

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-04, 02:17 PM
L
pushing it up top..

Old 12-31-04, 04:34 PM
L
just pushing up hoping for a response

Old 01-01-05, 06:24 PM
Wink

If the home is just one floor. The Psi should only be about 15 lb.

ED

Old 01-09-05, 12:29 PM
L
the boiler is in basement,then i have one floor above...the banging it seems is coming from the boiler...pressure is 20psi...any help will be appreicated thanks ...also have an amtrol hot water tank

Old 01-09-05, 01:49 PM
Let some water out get down to 15 psi. check that expansion tank see if you get just air out of the schrader valve on it.

ED

Old 01-09-05, 02:38 PM
L
thanks ed for the reply...now to let water out i would do that through the faucet valve on the side on my boiler itself.....and on the expansion tank,there is a little black i call it a screw on top with a looks like a tire air valve...i guess i would press down on the black screw....thanks i just want to make sure before i do anything....

Old 01-09-05, 02:50 PM
L
ok..i also found a pressure release valve on the expansion tank with a over flow pipe...

Old 01-09-05, 04:18 PM
Wink

just test that black thing on the tank you should get air only no water. let water out at the boiler you want 15 psi on it

ED .