dynatherm boiler

Old 01-09-05, 09:19 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dynatherm boiler

My father has an old Dynatherm boiler from the 60's which is starting to finally go. He wants to replace with the same system. He was told that these boilers are the cadillac of systems. Anyone familiar with Dynatherm? Is it worth going with the same system. I was thinking Weil-Mclain like I have or Energy Kinetics. Any help about Dynatherm/knowledge about company appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-05, 09:29 AM
Dynatherm was the top of the line back in the day. Now the part that doesn't appeal to me is the large water volume and standby losses. The Energy Kinetics system addresses all of those issues and I believe it is more appropriate for the future. The Dynatherm is still made and I pick my parts up directly from their manufacturing facility. They are very nice people to deal with and they work hard to keep parts available for every model that was ever made. Including the Crusadeatherm which pre-dates your fathers system. If it is not leaking water, they have a very nice overhaul kit available which replaces all the refractory parts and upgrades the burner to a Riello. You may want to consider that.

Ken

Old 01-10-05, 10:44 AM
H
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I was able to get into contact with the company which were very helpful.

Thanks again