Weil McLain burner problem

Old 01-16-05, 07:31 PM
rlf5
Visiting Guest
Unhappy help please!!

I have a wiel mclain model qb180 burner and I can not get it to light. It was running real rough so I changed the pump strainer and I changed the electrodes. I made sure my settings where all right and it will still not light. I am getting spark and I have fuel coming from the nozzle. what can I do ??? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-05, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

You are sure that the electrods are set right to the nozzle. The nozzle is new and the right spray angle. The transformer is good. The nozzle is set right in the head cone of the burner. the air tube and cone are ok. Pump is 100 Psi or better. Did you take the pump apart are just change the oil line filter? Need more info here after you check it all.Post back in this same post now.

ED

Old 01-17-05, 06:16 PM
rlf5
Visiting Guest
Wink in response

Yes I made sure all settings are correct. all gaps for nozzle and electrodes are correct. spinner is set right, I have oil flow out of the nozzle and a nice blue spark between the electrodes. The nozzle is new and I changed the pump strainer inside the pump. The nozzle size and spray angle are correct and the airband and cam settings are ok. the pump is a 150 psi suntec av2a-7116.

Old 01-17-05, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't want to state the obvious but if you have fuel air and a source of ignition, there is nothing to prevent the burner from operating. I'm fairly sure you have something together wrong. The most common is the retention ring shorting to the electrodes. I can't do more withour seeing it. You could post a picture of the nozzle assembly from a few angles and I will tell you if it is setup correctly.

Ken

Old 01-19-05, 03:37 PM
stevie
Visiting Guest
primary ignition coil

hey guys,don't know if it's set up quite the same way,but I had the same problem with my American Standard furnace.The primary ignition and reset coil was shot.It wouldn't run while the two bottom wires were connected,even when pressing the reset on it.Took them off and it ran.Put in a new primary and it's been running ever since.

Old 01-19-05, 05:34 PM
rlf5
Visiting Guest
Got It Thanks

My problem ended up being a bad fuel pump. Thanx for the input guys you were a big help. THANKS