Dynatherm oil fired furnace, no hot water pressure at faucets

Old 01-28-05, 03:56 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dynatherm oil fired furnace, no hot water pressure at faucets

I have a dynatherm oil fired boiler. Over the past few months have been getting less and less water pressure out of hot water side of faucet. Cold water has plenty of pressure. I opened up the valve that feeds the main water into the bolier and have pressure. Then I opened up the hot water side and have very little pressure right out of the furnace. As far as heating the house no probelms. Pressure gauge on furnace reads about 14. I was reading a few other posts and they were saying that it should be between 15 and 18 for a two story house. Don't know if this may be the cause. I am a newbie to oil burners. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Old 01-28-05, 06:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
The lack of hot water at the faucet has nothing to do with the pressure on the boiler or that the boiler is oil fired. From your post, I have to presume you have a "tankless" coil in the boiler. These things are notorious for clogging. My suggestion is to contact your service company to see if they can clean or replace the coil. A better, but far more initially costly, cure is to have them install an indirect water heater.

Old 01-29-05, 10:21 PM
L
Thank you for your input. Guess will have to part with the money and let the pros do it. Thanks again.

Old 01-30-05, 04:27 AM
That boiler is one of the only boilers that rarely triggers a lack-of-hot-water call. The coil is as long as the boiler, so if you have a 48 Dynatherm, you have a 48" long coil. But if you have hard water, it will clog just like any other coil. Have it acid flushed and you will be back to normal. A water softener would prevent that problem and others associated with hard water. The only other thing that could even posibly happen is if you have a flow restrictor (which that boiler doesn't need) and it was clogged. The only way to know is to open it up and clean it.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: