Base-Ray adjust valves

Old 01-29-05, 10:52 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Base-Ray adjust valves

I have Base-Ray iron base boards [old style from the 50's]. A couple of the adjust valves at the inlet of the baseboards have slow leaks. They are 1/4 turn adjustments [off to full on] with a male pipe thread.
Does anyone know whether/where replacements would be available? Are there o-ring seals that can be replaced?
any help is appreciated.
Old 01-29-05, 03:54 PM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 12,682
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
From your description of the valves, it sounds like they are radiator valves. Some have "string" packing which can be replaced & is available from any plumbing supply house. I prefer the graphite impregnated type but it is getting hard to find. Try to find a manufaturers name on the valve & ask for a rebuild kit for that brand.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: