sulphur smell in my house


  #1  
Old 02-02-05, 07:24 AM
killer1962
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
sulphur smell in my house

I have been experiencing a sulphur like taste in my mouth when I walk in my new house. (like i lit a match and inhaled the fume). The house had well water at one time but was hooked up to city water prior to my moving in. I am wondering if the residuals in the pipes are causing the smell since this smell only began after I started using the heat in the autumn. Is the smell/ fumes dangereous? My Asthma seems to be flaring up more lately. Thanks for any Help!!!!
 
  #2  
Old 02-02-05, 07:44 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,475
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You may be noticing the smell more due to the house being closed up for winter. Check any floor drains you may have and make sure there is water in them. Dried out traps let sewer gases into the home. Just pour a bucket of water in any floor drains you have. Good luck.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: