taco zone valve/themostat problem

Old 02-20-05, 03:20 PM
2nynbak
Visiting Guest
taco zone valve/themostat problem

i have a two zone fhw heating system and one of my zone valves was working intermittantly so i replaced the electronic control heads on both of them. At the same time i replaced my thermostat in my bedroom zone. my problem is that since i made these changes when either thermostat call for heat neither zone valve or the circulator respond. if i put the zone valve on the bedroom valve into manual mode the furnace and circulator come on, usually immediatly. i am sure the wiring of the valves is the same as it was and although the new thermostat is different than the one i replaced i "think" i wired it red to red green to green etc. If anyone might shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-05, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you used a thermostat with an adjustable heat anticipator, you may have it set wrong. It needs to be at .9 and they come preset at about half of that. The Taco valve won't open unless you set it correctly.

Ken

Old 02-21-05, 11:44 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You may have burnt out the 24 volt transformer

Old 02-21-05, 06:14 PM
2nynbak
Visiting Guest
zone valve problem

the thermostat is a simple analog hunter brand. i reset the thingy inside to about .9 but the circulator did not come on when the head switch in the thermostat called for heat. Hold that thought -- I just heard the furnace come on and the circulator is running for the bedroom zone I think the thermostat adjustment fixed it. thank you very much for your advice both of you.

Last edited by 2nynbak; 02-21-05 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typo