Heating Efficiency??

Old 03-04-05, 06:11 PM
johanian
Visiting Guest
Heating Efficiency??

Can any one comment on what is required with regulation of themostat - for example should you leave the themostat at 68 during the day and night or should it be lowered to 62 in the evening to save on heat and then in the morning/all day brought back up to 68? Wondering if any tests have been done to prove the best range to stay within? Or do you just leaving it on one comfortable setting duing the winter season? Also is it worth replacing the old Honeywell dial themostats with the new digital ones to lower heating cost?? Please advise. jay

Old 03-06-05, 04:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Jay

I have 4 zones in my house. Two of the zones have programable t-stats. Of those two, I only have one for the bedrooms programed. Hot water does not recover as quickly as scorched air. With our work schedules, I found it was not worth the trouble to operate a programable t-stat in the main living areas. Then there is the holiday thing. Your thermostat has no way to know if a certain day is a holiday & the next thing you know, it's chilly in the house. Why? Oh crap, the thermostat has dropped back to it's unoccupied setting. I don't know about you but I HATE to be cold in my house. As long as I can afford it, I'm going to be comfortabe if it costs an arm & a leg.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: