Cleaning an oil furnace for steam heat

Old 03-10-05, 11:45 AM
lost_ring
Visiting Guest
Cleaning an oil furnace for steam heat

I had my furnace cleaned yesterday and just want to comment on it. I'm because the thing was incredibly dirty and now it's nice and clean. I'm a little because it cost $282. But I'm because I was there the whole time and saw everything that the dude did. I even helped, so I think I'll have no problem cleaning my other furnace and doing it in subsequent years as well.

I hadn't had my furnaces cleaned since I bought the place almost 3 years ago. I realize now that once a year is necessary. My furnace was blowing back fumes and unburned oil when it tried to fire up. I can only imagine how inefficient it's been running.

So many people change their oil in their cars and do other maintenance but I never hear about people cleaning their own furnaces. I will have to buy a couple brushes, oil filters and nozzles. If I can do that and spend a few hours on it, I think it will be worth the hundreds of dollars I'll save.

Old 03-10-05, 09:10 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unless you can do a combustion test I dont recomend changing your own nozzle. Keeping the boiler clean though would be a good thing

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: