Heatmaker boiler won't stop runnuing

Old 03-12-05, 08:29 AM
sampled
Visiting Guest
Heatmaker boiler won't stop runnuing

My 15 year old Heatmaker Boiler blower runs continuously. I shut off all of the thermostats and there is no demand for hot water. The water temp gets to 180 degrees then the blower continues to run forever. The only way to shut it off is with the main switch. Any ideas for what I can check? Thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-05, 07:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 23 Posts
Won't shut off?

You say the blower won't shut off & the blower keeps running. Exhaust blower for a gas fired boiler? Is this a little fan on top of the boiler or a power venter mounted on the wall?

Old 03-13-05, 11:22 AM
sampled
Visiting Guest
Little blower on heatmaker

Normal operation: this is a small motor blower on top of the boiler that comes on for 30 seconds before the boiler fires up. I think this has something to do with checking for CO2 or something. Then continues to run until the boiler stops running. When the boiler is running this is the exhaust fan motor.

Now the blower runs as long as there is power to the boiler instead of shutting off after the heat demand has been met.

My workaround is to run it a couple of hours at a time a day just to get the hot water going then shut it off.

Old 03-13-05, 11:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 23 Posts
Exhaust blower

It really won't hurt anything for the motor to run except it sucks heat out of the boiler. These fans are usually controled by a circuit board, often the ignition module.